Radiation in Fallout 4 is a mechanic that affects your maximum health.
- Health is shown by a bar on the lower left and when the player gets radiated, the HP bar starts filling with red for each point of Radiation, reducing Max Health by the radiated amount.
- Many things left in the world are irradiated and can inflict rad damage on you, including Consumables and bodies of water.
- The player can control radiation by managing food and water supplies. Mutant Hound Chops (-5) and Refreshing Beverage (-100) removes radiation.
- Using RadAway (Difficult to craft/find. Can also cause Chem addiction).
- Visit a Doctor in Diamond City or Goodneighbor. They will cure all radiation for 40 Caps.
- Several Items provide Rad resist.
- Wearing the right Armor helps improve resistance.
- Power Armor can protect against environmental radiation such as encountered in a Radiation Storm.
- Use Rad-X (Can also cause Chem addiction if used too frequently)
- Endurance Perks such as...
- If too much radiation is sustained (3/4 of the health bar), the vault boy in the STAT section of the Pip-Boy turns into a ghoul like person.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!