- Intimidate Henry Cooke
- Help Paul Pembroke intimidate Henry Cooke
- Talk to Henry Cooke
- OR Kill Henry Cooke
- Report back to Paul Pembroke
- Search Cooke's body and read his note
- Ambush Nelso Latimer's chem deal
- Interrogate Trish
- OR Kill Trish
- Search Trish and read her note
- Divide the spoils
- Gain access to Marowski's chems lab
- The Ferns
- Diamond City
- Colonial Taphouse
- South Boston
- Four Leaf Fishpacking Plant
- Financial District
- Hotel Rexford
NOTE: This quest has several different branching paths depending on the decisions you make, consult the different sections below for more information. Enter the Colonial Taphouse in Diamond City and witness an altercation between Paul Pembroke and Darcy Pembroke as well as Henry Cooke the bartender. After Paul leaves, speak with Darcy or Henry. Go outside and speak to Paul who will ask you to help him scare Henry. You may agree to go with him or tell him you'll go alone. The next time you go into the bar, another confrontation will happen between them. NOTE: Leaving Dimaond City completely before returning will result in Cooke killing Paul before you come back.
If you decide to do the request alone, go to the bar and speak to Cooke. You can try to resolve things peacefully or let things devolve to violence.
If you go with Paul, you can encourage him to resolve things peacefully or add fuel to his fire. If you manage to resolve things peacefully, Cooke will tell you about a chems deal.
If you have to use violence, search Cooke afterwards to discover a deal for chems with Nelson Latimer. There is a promise of reward for thwarting Latimer.
Follow the lead to the spot of the deal, west of Back Street Apparel along the river. Interrupt the meeting and bring a judgement of bulllets upon the gangsters. After the reckoning, speak with the survivor named Trish. You may do one of the following:
- Let her live, and learn the location of a secret chem lab.
- Eliminate her, and search her body for a note with the chem lab location.
- Promise to let her go and obtain Four Leaf Security Password for the terminal at the chem lab which makes the journey easier.
Paul, if around, will tell you he's skipping town to avoid retribution from the gangster Marowski. Paul if around will ask to split the loot 50/50. You can negotiate for different terms, bribe him or fight him depending on your wants. If Paul is alive, and wasn't present at the deal you can let him know what came of Cooke.
Travel to the south Boston portion to the Four Leaf Fishpacking Plant Rather than enter, climb the walkway outside until you get to the roof, eliminating any hostiles along the way. Access the wall terminal here to:
- Shut down the tripwires in the correct sequence using the note from Trish.
- Master hack the terminal.
- Use the password you obtained from Trish.
Enter the chem lab and take out the workers. Loot the impressive inventory of chems here for your hopped up adventures.
24 hours after eliminating Nelson Latimer his father Malcom Latimer hears about the deal gone bad. You can find him near the taphouse in Dimaond City. If you ignore him, eventually it will turn the town hostile towards you. Speak to him to resolve the situation. You can opt to agree to one of the following:
- Kill Marowski after telling Malcolm he is responsible for Nelson's death.
- Kill Paul by blaming him.
- Leave things as is, at which point Latimer's henchmen will assault you.
- Make Malcolm angry to the point that only bribery or killing him are your options.
- Convince him that you arent the killer (high carisma required) and after he asks you if you know who the killer is, just say you dont know and he leaves you alone.
If you resolved things pragmatically, go and eliminate your target. If you choose to kill Marowski this will clear the Marowski Situation and allow you to claim a reward. If you choose to kill Paul, continue with the steps below.
Marowski sends word to speak to him at the Hotel Rexford in Goodneighbor. His henchmen will continue to harass you until you go see him. Go there and speak to Marowski and he will ask for a 2000 cap payment for mucking up his operation. You may:
- Negotiate a smaller fee of 1000 caps.
- Pay the 2000 caps.
- Ask for a week to raise the caps, at which point his thugs will rough you up until you pay.
- Show him a photo obtained during The Darcy Situation which will trigger another step called Marowski's Mercenary.
Colette in the Dugout Inn a week after finishing the quest. You can do one of the following:
- Confess to killing Cooke and end things peacefully or kill her.
- Tell her Cooke died or split town and end it peacefully or with violence.
- Claim ignorance, at which point she leaves you be but begins her own investigation.
If Paul is still alive here he speaks to you about being discovered. You can try to calm him down, allow him to kill Colette himself or consent to killing her yourself.
After another week has passed you can speak to Colette to update the quest. One of the following will now happen:
- If you split the deal 70/30 with Paul or kept it all, Paul will rat you out to her, and she will be hostile.
- If she was suspicious in the first place she will think you killed her father.
- Resort to fighting her right away.
- Confess to killing him which triggers a fight or her leaving town.
- Tell the truth if you didn't kill him and she leaves town.
- Finger Paul as the killer and she leaves town.
Darcy Pembroke during both prior conversations, she will approach you for answers. You can opt to:
- Tell the truth.
- Evade her questions which ends the conversation.
- Agree to help her find out what became of the men.
- Claim ignorance.
If you have no idea what came of Paul you can confront Cooke and ge a confession from him. You can also find Paul's body in town and let Darcy know.
After a week if you've helped her out, she will find a Heist Photo which implicates the criminal activity of Marowski, Cooke and Latimer. You can speak to any of the three about the photo, kill Cooke and Latimer or talk to Marowski. You can sell the photo to Marowski or use it to pay your debt to him. He will ask you to kill the other two (if they're still alive) for a reward. If you opt to speak to Cooke or Latimer they will offer caps for the photo.
Speak with Darcy and you may choose to split the loot reward with her.