Brotherhood of Steel is a Faction in Fallout 4. They are concerned with preventing the abuse of technology by mankind, sometimes fanatically. They are the faction most resembling traditional military organization and present themselves as protectors of humanity with an any means necessary approach. They are the primary wearers of the series' iconic Power Armor.
They are opposed to the proliferation of synths and view the technology of The Institute as a threat, as well as believing The Railroad as misguided in their goals of liberating synths. The Brotherhood will become hostile towards both of those factions during their essential quest line. Later in the game, you will have access to Vertibird fast travel through this faction.
You first encounter the Brotherhood of Steel via one of the following:
- Witnessing a Brotherhood airship fly over head for the first time and listening to the accompanying Military Frequency AF95 which is a recruitment message. Follow the instructions in the message to meet the Brotherhood.
- During the Brotherhood quest Reveille, which is triggered upon discovering the Cambridge Police Station for the first time. The Police Station is being overrun by a Feral Ghoul horde and you may intervene and help the Brotherhood repel the attack.
The Brotherhood's main base of operations is the massive airship called The Prydwen, which hovers above Boston Airport in the Northeast Commonwealth. They also maintain a secondary land base in Cambridge Police Station.
- Elder Maxson
- Paladin Danse
- Knight Rhys
- Scribe Haylen
- Proctor Quinlan
- Proctor Ingram
- Proctor Teagan
- Lancer-Captain Kells
- Knight-Captain Cade
- Senior Scribe Neriah
- Knight Lucia
- Siding and attacking with The Institute during the quest Mass Fusion
- Siding and attacking with The Railroad during the quest Precipice of War
- The Lost Patrol
- Duty or Dishonor: After completing Show No Mercy and The Lost Patrol
- A Loose End: Available during Liberty Reprimed, after having completed Duty or Dishonor
- Getting Technical: Speak to Proctor Quinlan during Tour of Duty
- Blood Bank: Speak to Scribe Neriah after Tour of Duty
- Reactor Coolant: Available after completing the Brotherhood essential quests
- Cleansing the Commonwealth (Radiant)
- Quartermastery (Radiant)
- Leading by Example (Radiant)
- Learning Curve (Radiant) Available after completing Tour of Duty
- Feeding the Troops (Radiant) Available after completing Tour of Duty
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!